- Grapefruit. But did you know how? Grapefruit can lower your body’s insulin which can make you store extra fat!
- Green Tea has EGCG, a healthy catechin that speeds up your body’s metabolism and burns more calories.
- Spicy Peppers. The capcaisin found in spicy peppers causes your body to burn calories long after you eat them.
- Cinnamon. A powerful herb in Chinese medicine. Cinnamon can help you maintain steady blood sugar levels as well as help lower your cholesterol.
- Broccoli. Broccoli contains two effective ingredients to help boost the metabolism: calcium and vitamin C. Vitamin C helps your body absorb more calcium which in turn acts as a metabolic trigger.
Posts Tagged ‘ weight loss’
Tuesday, April, 27th, 2010
Posted by Dr. Hsu
About Dr. Hsu
Dr. Hsu (pronounced “shoe”) is among only a handful of people in the United States to have been awarded the degree of Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (D.A.O.M.). He received his D.A.O.M. from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine (P.C.O.M.) in San Diego. He also holds a Masters of Science in Traditional Oriental Medicine (M.S.T.O.M.) degree from P.C.O.M. in New York City.
Dr. Hsu is board certified as a Diplomate in Acupuncture and a Diplomate in Chinese Herbology. He is among the first group of Americans to be a board certified Diplomate in Oriental Medicine from the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM), the most advanced level of certification available.